Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Persist


Finally! Turns out
I was saving these in the wrong file format. All fixed now. I did not intend to upload these all at once, but I have several hours and many frustrations into this, so they are all getting posted!


The bottom three images here are not in the order they were created.












Their titles are:"Deny Yourself," "Take Up Your Cross" and "Follow Jesus." When I take scripture like this and draw it I do not intend to be moralizing to the viewer. Remember, these are my visual meditations or votives. You as the viewer are able to peek in so to speak on what has been on my mind. These scriptures are embedded in my memory from hearing them throughout my life, often sung in church. At unusual times the words "trouble" me and desire my attention. That is when I will draw them.











1 comment:

  1. Oh John! I loved each of these....and especially your notes on them. I wish you'd put them in a little book for us.

    ReplyDelete