Thursday, May 21, 2009

John- The Revelator, Writer of the Seven Seals





The above is the title of a song by legendary bluesman Son House. I have been listening to blues and jazz while working on these drawings. Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, North Mississippi All Stars, John Lee Hooker, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Art Blakey, Thelonious Monk, and Django Reinhardt were all in rotation for the past couple days. The intuitiveness and improvisation of these artists are compelling for me. A form of visual jazz or blues is motivating me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John!

    I can never seem to proofread my posts well enough - thus the above deleted comment. :-)

    Your works are really cool. I'm a big fan of blues and jazz.

    ReplyDelete